Lankenau Legacies, the Lankenau society of legacy donors, recognizes and honors friends who have included Lankenau Medical Center in their long term financial and estate plans.
A deferred, planned gift to Lankenau Medical Center as part of a family’s estate plan provides a meaningful way of extending personal gratitude and appreciation to Lankenau. A planned gift also allows individuals to make a significant legacy gift that may not have been possible at an earlier stage of life. Such gifts also offer certain tax benefits and can provide advantages such as a lifetime income to the donor or others.
Unrestricted deferred gifts will be directed where they are most needed. However, you may also designate your deferred gift to a specific area of significance to you.
How to Join
By notifying us of your intention to fund a life income gift or include Lankenau Medical Center in your estate plans, you will become a member of Lankenau Legacies. Your gift would likely be made in one or more of the following ways:
- Simple language in your will describing your gift intentions in the form of a percentage of an estate; a specific dollar amount; or a specific asset such as securities, closely-held stock, real estate, or tangible personal property (like jewelry or art)
- A gift that provides life income, such as charitable remainder trust or charitable gift annuity
- Designation of Lankenau as a beneficiary of a qualified retirement plan, such as an IRA or 401K plan
- A gift of real estate through life estate arrangement
- A gift made through charitable lead trust
Membership in Lankenau Legacies is an important way to help ensure the future of Lankenau Medical Center as a leader in our community's health care. If you have already made a provision for Lankenau Medical Center in your financial or estate plans, thank you! We hope that you will contact us and share your commitment with us so that we can welcome you as a member of Lankenau Legacies and recognize you now for your generosity. You can also complete and return a Legacy Intention Form.
If you have yet to do so and would like more information on membership in Lankenau Legacies, we will be glad to assist you in designing a deferred gift plan that will best suit your needs and will have a lasting impact on the future of Lankenau. Please contact us at the Lankenau Medical Center Foundation by calling Becky Sassi at 484-476-8067. We look forward to hearing from you!
Benefits of Membership
Your membership involves no dues, obligations, or solicitations, but it does allow us to thank you for the plans you have made, and it may inspire generosity in others.
Benefits of membership in Lankenau Legacies also include recognition in the Lankenau Medical Center Foundation's Annual Report to Donors (requests for anonymity will, of course, be honored), and invitations to exclusive events.
Most importantly, however, you receive the satisfaction derived from making a lasting contribution to Lankenau's long-term prosperity.
Lankenau Legacies Members
Lankenau Medical Center deeply appreciates the commitment to our future made by the following living individuals who have included Lankenau in their long-term financial or estate plans. In recognition of their thoughtfulness, we proudly affirm they are enrolled in Lankenau Legacies, established to honor individuals who have named Lankenau as a beneficiary of their will (bequest), IRA, qualified retirement plan, living trust, life insurance policy or other estate-related instrument.
As of September 30, 2022
- Ms. Carol J. Armstrong
- Mrs. Charles A. Borda
- Lois and Al Carocci
- Mr. and Mrs. Henry C. Chilcott Jr.
- Mrs. Georgia Davidis-Malone
- Henry J. Doherty, Jr., MD
- Jonathan C. Fox, MD, PhD, and Suzanne Markel-Fox, PhD
- Richard and Ann G. Frankel
- Mrs. Elise Peale Patterson Gelpi
- Dr. and Mrs. Leroy T. Gerson
- Gift from a Friend (7)
- Ms. Rhea Goldman
- Kenneth and Christine Hopkins
- Mrs. Ira M. Ingerman
- Robert and Geraldine Kroner
- Mrs. Diane M. Lafferty
- Sue and Bill Little
- Mrs. Joy H. MacMurray
- Ms. Barbara Marberger
- Karl Mayro
- Mr. Michael J. Nauss
- Sherrin Baky-Nessler and William Nessler
- Mr. and Mrs. Robert L. Nydick Sr.
- Regina Haley Pakradooni
- Nolan and Ellen Perin
- Carrie and Gregory Reif
- Phillip D. Robinson
- Dr. and Mrs. Jerome Santoro
- Mary Louise Schall
- Charles R. Schleifer, MD and Martha Furman Schleifer, PhD
- Nancy and Richard Schmidt, MD
- Dr. and Mrs. Robert D. Smink Jr.
- Mr. and Mrs. Richard A. Sorrell
- Dr. Robert Y.T. Suen and Nina Suen
- Arlene and Harold Sukonik
- Gerald and Annette Tiffan
- Mr. Alvin L. Williams Jr.